UMATR are extremely proud to partner with an incredible HealthTech platform designed to put people in control of their own health. Making What healthcare easy and affordable. Brining real doctors and real care to you, with or without insurance. Your prescriptions delivered right to your door. No hassle, no big spend. They are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry... and that’s where you come in!
They already boost more than a quarter of million patients, across nearly 40 States, and are growing almost 100% every year. Several engineering team are looking for more super engineers to join them. Their tech-stack includes: Ember, Node, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin, Redis.
There are multiple teams hiring, so if the description below doesn't align with your particular interest but you have experience with the above technologies please still fell free to get in touch!
The Core team is responsible for building the tools used by engineering teams. As the backbone of the engineering, this team is dedicated to making the engineers as productive as possible. From the API framework to managing the production data to deployment, your impact would reach across the stack to enable a better developer experience.
Right now we are looking for experienced Senior or Staff Software Engineers to join their growing engineering team. You'll be responsible for technical decisions that impact the entire engineering team. Candidates for this role will be passionate about system design, well written code, and testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
Their engineering team values craftsmanship, inclusivity, being data-driven and humble. Although they are a distributed team, they value collaboration, transparency and open-communication.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain the API framework including model design, engineer throughput, versioning, correctness, and accounting for all edge cases of http.
- Iterate deployment processes. Focusing on design, implementation, and debugging issues
- Scale their test framework to ensure reliability and ease of use
- Create actionable metric alarming and acknowledgement of alert fatigue
- Passion for code quality which includes the architecture, general syntax, and styling
- Make their production issue triage simpler via logging frameworks, error codes, and bug assignment
- Contribute to their auditing framework that helps alarm on user patterns and sensitive data
- Improve developer onboarding
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience working for a tech-focused company
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience. (Experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree)
- Expert in one of their main technologies: PostgreSQL, Node.js, TypeScript
- Strong architecture and system design skills
- Writes readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture
- Can evaluate tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- You are someone that respectfully challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion
- Bonus: if you have strong leadership experience